Jul 15, 2013

Apologies and stuff

As some of the sharpest of you might have noticed, as of late I am best comparable to a slab of rock. A very handsome and charming rock, but a rock nevertheless. As you might know, rocks have several problems. Birds nest on them, monkeys dangle baby lions from them and moss doesn't seem to grow on them when they are rolling. We all know that. However, rocks have one huge disability that people tend to often forget about (the racist pigs!). Namely, that rocks cannot write! They have no FINGERS! DX

Wait, where was I going with that analogy again...?


Whatever.
The important thing is this: it's been a long time since I last updated any of the stories. That is because of three very particular reasons (that are in no way just excuses I cobbled together to save my sorry ass, no sir!), which are as follows:

Reason number one:
I have been re-editing and re-writing large chunks of the existing material, especially the first book of the OTWS (...Why do I keep forgetting to call it the Conquerors of Providence series... who will remember it if even I don't...? T_T). I am mostly working on re-structuring the story in a way to circumvent the infodumps in the gag-chapters and adding some proper descriptive narration.

Door number two:
I have been working on a different project in secret for some time now. It is practically my magnum opus that I have been planning for years but only a few months ago did I actually sit down and started putting my inconsequential and fleeting thoughts into inconsequential and fleeting electronic files.
That said, this particular novel that would be the first in a series I presently call The Eden Cycle is an epic fantasy story with a constructed world I practically made up from the ground, including multiple non-stock fantasy races, the planet's geology, geography, it's climate system, its cultures, the histories of said cultures, the calendar, the languages, the [insert any of a bazillion topics here], etc.
So yeah, right now my notes on the setting amount to about 30k words alone, and that is the abridged version I only use to remind myself to the custom honorifics and military ranks and the names and roles of the characters numbering in the 50s and still growing and [insert long-winded gushing here].
Ugh... Yeah. Sorry. As I was saying, dream project and all, and such things can tie up a man's free time something scary. But you know what they say...
Oh my god... Did I... Did I really just use a sappy motivational poster...? 0_o'

Planet number three:
Earth! It's big, round, made of blue and brown and green and it is mostly harmless and...
...
Wait, what was I talking about...? 0_o?
What is this I don't even...
*cough*
Sorry, I am a little disorganized today. The thing here is that, well, thanks to my work around the household (at this point I think I should start referring to it as a farm...) and my other duties make it quite hard for me to get into the mood to actually sit down and write, and thus the dreaded writers block rears its ugly head.
This is kind of a problem with writing for fun instead for money. when you have to write for a commission and have a deadline, it makes you bulldoze your way through a writers block to meet it. When you are writing for fun, however, hitting a block pretty much just stops you on your tracks since if that happens writing stops being, well, fun.
No fun => No writing
Simple equation, really.

So, what was the point of all this beside raising awareness for the plight of rocks (Did you know that 99.999% of rocks are homeless!? Horrible!)? I just wanted you to know (In case you wondered, which I am sure you didn't, because you are too busy exploiting rocks, you fascists!) that my attention has been divided lately and that my writing projects are technically on halt until I actually get things to publishable quality, at which point I will share them with you.
Until then, peace. :P
At least until we rise! Vival la Roche Révolution!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment