Apr 26, 2030

Welcome.

Hello everyone. My not-so-real name is Gabriel Croath, but I'm mostly known by the alias "Gabezhul" on VNDB forums. I would like to take the opportunity to welcome you to my blog, which is practically a site dedicated to the Offtopic Wars Saga.

You might wonder, especially if you didn't come from VNDB:
"Just what the hell is this supposed to be?!"
To put it frankly, this is an irregularly updated, extensive webnovel depicting the story of a bunch of extraordinary men in a post-apocalyptic science-fantasy world, and their sometimes conflicting efforts to set the world they screwed up three hundred years ago straight. And the best part? It's for free!
*coughdonationsarestillwelcomedthoughcough*
Now, please allow me to give you a brief rundown on the creation of this story.

It all started in the November of 2010, on the discussion boards of the Visual Novel Database. Within these boards existed a long-standing "tradition" of going offtopic on virtually any topic, with either surprisingly serious or completely insane conclusions. This story was inspired by the latter. Character names and some plot points, especially in the first standalone chapter, "The Reckoning War", were all base on the wackier offtopic threads and their contributors. As I was writing it, the story slowly started to grow beyond its original gag-nature, and I soon decided to make a full-fledged story of it.
Sadly, however, the administration of the boards struck the thread dead, so after some reconciliation I decided to move the whole story here.

I won't lie to you; the early parts are obscure beyond measure, mainly because a good potion of the plot was based upon the site's offtopic threads and Visual Novel references. Because of that, the first few chapters of the story might feel a bit jumbled and a could be a little discouraging, I'm confident enough to say that even if you are not familiar with the VNDB discussion boards, you will still be able enjoy this story.
...
Or at least I hope so. :P

Please use the navigation panel on the right and have a nice read.
Oh, and before I forget it: Thanks for reading my idiocy. I can only hope you will have as much fun reading it as I had while I was writing it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment