Aug 14, 2012

And now, something completely different...


Okay, so... Let's just say that my past few weeks were... not exactly kind to me. I was pretty much forced to drop out of college and look for work, which also put a huge damper on my enthusiasm regarding this project. As such, I decided to put all my bigger plans on hold for a while.

However, I was kind of missing the old cast of the first arc for a while now, so I decided to do this snippet. It turned out to be pretty good stress relief, so even though I probably won't bring out any new big chapter in the foreseeable future, you can expect a few more of these non-canon mini-chapters in the following days.

Also, donations are still more than welcome. If you have a few pennies to spare, I would be more than happy to graciously receive it. With all this shit happening around me lately, it would be a nice change of pace. -.-

But enough of that, now please enjoy the first installment of Halubardo-chan's Magical Adventures! :P

 P.S.: Also, apparently blogger is fucking with me, as I can't fix the color-problem. Be back once I found out what its problem is...
P.P.S.: Okay, I fixed it, now you can actually read this. Shit, this template apparently hates me... -.-

*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-**-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*

Halubarudo-chan’s Magical Adventures!!!

Ch.1: An Ordinary Girl

On the surface, it appeared to be just another boring day in the extremely ordinary life of an extremely ordinary girl. Her name was… Lily-chan!

---

Tiari: "What? Just how the hell are you “ordinary”?!"
Lily: "Pssssst! Tia-chan, you are not supposed to talk during the introduction!"
Tiari: "Introduction? Introduction to what?"
Kay: "To…. Halubard-chan’s Magical Adventures, I think? At least that’s what the title says."
Tiari: "Kay? What are you doing here?"
Kay: "Apparently I’m a character."
Tiari: "… Oh no… It’s one of those, isn’t it?"
Gabe: "You mean non-canon chapters?"
Tiari: "*hiss* I knew it! I knew you were the one behind this all!!!"
Gabe: "Behind what? I’m just a spectator this time."
Tiari: "Bull. Crap. This situation has your fingerprints all over it."
Gabe: "If you say so, Straycat Holmes, but this time I’m really not the one pulling the strings."
Tiari: "Then who?!"
Gabe: "I can’t tell, but I have to go now. Tell Jill that I’ll be back in a moment if she arrives before me."
Tiari: "Wait, what? Why?!"
Gabe: "See you later!"
Tiari: "Stop!"
Lily: "Pssssssst! It’s starting!"
Tiari: "What’s starting?!"
Kay: "I think she means the narration…"
Tiari: "…"

---

Lily-chan led a very ordinary life. She attended to a very ordinary school in a very ordinary town. She looked ordinary and in the ordinary eyes of the ordinary people around her she looked nothing more than an ordinary girl. However, little did they know that under her completely ordinary appearance lied something truly… extraordinary.

---

Tiari: "I tell you, you are not ordinary! At all!"
Jill: "Also, the narration is a little redundant."
Tiari: "Ah, Jill!"
*thud*
Jill: "*chuckle* Easy there, easy. You almost knocked me off my feet."
Tiari: "I’m sorry, but I’m just so glad that you are here! You have to stop Gabe, he is planning something!"
Jill: "What do you mean? He is not even here…"
Tiari: "Yes, but he is really planning something! Look!"

---

For Lily-chan was a truly kind girl, one whose purity and love held great powers! Even she didn’t know this, but her inner power was one day going to save the world from evil, and that day was closer than anyone could ever imagine!

---

Jill: "I don’t know… It looks relatively harmless to me."
Tiari: "But… But…"
Jill: "Let’s just wait and see, okay?"
Tiari: ""

---

It all began two months ago, when the eeeeevil Space-Cat Empire launched its nefarious invasion on the planet Earth, lead by their eeeeevil warrior princess, Tiari-hime!
Tiari-hime: "Nyahahaha!!!"

---

Tiari: "What?! Why am I the bad guy!?"
Kay: "Well, if you think about it… Lily is the hero, so it sort of makes sense..."
Tiari: ""

---

The eeeeevil princess of the eeeeevil Space-Cat Empire eeeeevilly walked to the command post of her flagship, leading the mighty invasion fleet of the eeeeevil Space-Cat Empire with extreme prejudice, her mighty armada counting in no less than two whole digits! As she reached the pulpit, she raised her eeeeevil pawn at the tiny blue-green planet in the distant distance of space!
Tiari-hime: "Nyahahaha!!! Tremble puny humans; for I, the great and beautiful Tiari-hime, am going to take over your puny planet ~meow! You will learn the meaning of true fear once my glorious empire holds you in its iron paws and destroys all that is good and delicious in your lives ~meow! Nyahahaha!!!"

---

Tiari: "So I even have a verbal tic, huh…? Just wonderful…"
Lily: "Psssssst! Now comes the best part!"

---

As such, the evil Space Cat-Empire launched their attack on the unsuspecting ordinary people of the Earth. However, there was a small miscalculation on their part!
Lily-chan: "~Mmmmm! Kehki!"
It all happened during the evil Space-Cat Empire’s first assault upon the planet. Lily-chan just finished her ordinary duties at the end of her ordinary cake-welding club meeting…

---

Tiari: "Cake… welding?"
Kay: ""
Gabe: "Why, did you think they were cast? That would be just silly."
Jill: "You are late."
Gabe: "Actually, I was here a little sooner but had to go back. I told Tiari to tell you."
Jill: "Really? She didn’t say anything about it."
Gabe: "What? Bad kitten!"
Tiari: "Ouch! Hey, don’t pull on my tail!"
Jill: "Gabriel!"
Gabe: "Hey, hey! I was just joking! I barely even touched her, don’t look at me like that!"
Jill: "… *sigh* Whatever."

---

However, just as she was about to finish cleaning up, the eeeeevil Space-Cat Empire’s eeeeevil automatons burst through the wall…
Automaton: “OH YEAAAAAH!!!”
…and destroyed the freshly welded cakes with their huge, red pitchers!
Tiari-hime: "Nyahahaha! All your cake are belong to us, puny humans ~meow!!!"

---

Tiari: "Wait, so my character’s entire motivation is destroying cakes?"
Jill: "It seems so."
Tiari: "… I’m lame."

---

Seeing the beautiful cakes destroyed before her eyes, Lily-chan cried out in anguish…!
Lily-chan: "Dameeeee!"
Then suddenly, just as the last cake was about to be destroyed, her screams of anguish were answered by a mysterious stranger!
????????: "Stop there, evildoers!"

---

Pabloc: "… Is that supposed to be me?"
Gabe: "Ah, I’m glad you could make it. I was afraid you would miss your debut."
Pabloc: "… Seeing this, I kind of wish I had…"

---

The mysterious Magical Scientist swooped down from the skies, his snow-white coat flapping in the wind like the wings of a majestic swan on the surface of a moonlit lake. From under his auburn mane, the man’s eyes flared with the light of justice as he raised them upon the eeeeevil minions of the eeeeevil Space-Cat empire.
Pabloc-san: "You shall not raise thy hands on any more innocent pastries as long as I stand, felines of questionable moral and ethical framework from beyond the Kármán-line!"

---

Pabloc: "… I… can’t believe I just said that…"
Kay: "Also, “magic scientist”?"
Pabloc: "Yes, that too…"
Lily: "Psssssst!"

---

*BANG*
*RA-KA-KA-KA-KA*
*KA-POW*
After the Magical Scientist Pabloc-san defeated the evil minions of the Space-Cat Empire…

---

Gabe: "Aww… Why is it off-screen? I was curious about what kind of magical science you had!"
Pabloc: "Ha. Ha. Ha. Funny."
Jill: "Stop teasing him. You shouldn’t embarrass your friends."
Gabe: "*sigh* Yeah, yeah. I know, but-"
Lily: "Pssssssst!"
Gabe: "…”

---

…he finally turned to Lily-chan.
Pabloc-san: "Are you all right, fair maiden?"
Lily-chan: "H-Hai… Arigato."
Pabloc-san: "There is no need to thank me, my dear young lady. It is but my humble duty to guard the delicious pastries of this world… and their beautiful makers as well, of course."

---

Gabe: "Wow, are those bishie-sparkles? Man, you are good at this."
Pabloc: "… Shut up."

---

The mysterious Magical Scientist gently smiled at Lily-chan as he turned around, ready leave. However, that small smile, the promise of something more, was enough to finally break her out of her ordinary life once and for all!
Lily-chan: "Wait!"
Pabloc-san: "Yes? Is there something else your heart desires?"
Lily-chan: "Please… Please take me with you!"
The man of the white coat was momentarily baffled with the girl’s sudden proposal, but then he quietly reached for his glasses.
Pabloc-san: "Why would you want to come with me, maker of pastries?"
Lily-chan: "I… I can’t just sit idly while all the cakes of this world are in peril! Please let me help you!"
Pabloc-san: "The road of one who protects the world is not one that’s taken lightly. Are you sure your heart is firm in your decision?"
Lily-chan: "Hai! Please take me with you!"
The Magical Scientist’s eyes slightly narrowed for a fraction of a second, but then he reached out towards Lily-chan with a smile brighter than a thousand exploding suns.

---

Tiari: "Uhh… Someone really likes to overcharge his metaphors."
Pabloc: "Don’t say a word to me. Not a single one…"
Gabe: "Say, Kay?"
Kay: "…?"
Gabe: "Where is Soketsu?"
Kay: "I don’t know. I think he’s just not here because he is not a character in this chapter."
Gabe: "Aw… Too bad, I really wanted to see his reactions. You know, with him usually being the straight-man and all? It would have been hilarious!"
Jill: "Speaking of which; where is Ahazkun?"
Gabe: "He’s on his yearly vacation."
Tiari: "Wait, we have vacations?"
Lily: "Pssssssst!!!"

---

Pabloc-san: "Then I shall be honored to take such as you with me! Come, my dear maiden, and I shall take you to a world of wonders, where no morally bankrupt space-felids can reach thy pastries!"
Lily-chan: "Hai!"
Finally finding a way to break out of her ordinary life, Lily-chan immediately took the outstretched hand of Pabloc-san, who took her onto a magic journey through the night, until they at last arrived at the court of the king and queen of the fairies, protectors of the planet!
Gabe-sama: "Welcome to our court, Lily-chan!"

---

Jill: "Is that supposed to be me beside you?"
Gabe: "Yes, why do you ask?"
Jill: "Those clothes really don’t look like something I would wear. They are too frilly."
Gabe: "Really? You used to wear those all the time when you were a fairy."
Jill: "That was then. They just don’t suit me anymore."
Gabe: "Are you sure? I think they look really good on you."
Jill: "… Are you trying to flatter me?"
Gabe: "Me? Oh come on, don’t be like that. If I was trying to do that, I would have told you that I think you look even better in your normal clothes or something… Which would be true, but still, I would never say something like that."
Jill: "…"
Pabloc: "*cough* Anyways, haven’t we made a big jump?"
Kay: "Now that you mention it, this is the first time fairies are mentioned."
Tiari: "Yeah, and where is this “court” anyway?"
Lily: "Pssssssst! Stop interrupting the story, I want to know what happens next!"
Everyone: ""

---

The queen of the fairies gently smiled at Lily-chan as she spoke up.
Jill-sama: "Lily-chan, you are special. We can really see that you love cakes, and these pure feelings will allow you to become a magical girl and battle the evil Space-Cat Empire!"
Lily-chan: "Really? Yay!"
Gabe-sama: "Yes! But to do that, you will first need a magical rod! As such, we shall grant you Kay-chan!"
As the king said this, a majestic halberd appeared in this hand out of thin air and he immediately handed it to Lily-chan.

---

Kay: "I only appear as a weapon in this story?"
Lily: "Hai. Kay-chan is my magical rod with a blade!"
Tiari: "She’s a halberd."
Lily: "No! Kay-chan is a magical rod that just happens to have a blade!"
Tiari: "… Whatever."

---

Just like that, Lily-chan transformed into Mahou Shoujo Halubarudo-chan, protector of all cakes and love!

---

Kay: "That costume… It looks like the one Lily once tried to give me to wear."
Pabloc: "Yes, it’s the one she brought when you grew up."
Kay: "Uuu… Stop saying that. I didn’t grow up, I just changed."
Tiari: "Whatever."

---

However, unbeknownst to the fairy-court and Lily-chan, the eeeeevil Space-Cat Empire was already planning their next nefarious attack on planet Earth.
Tiari-hime: "Nyahahaha! You might have stopped me once ~meow, but my next plan will surely bring you to your knees, Magical Scientist Pabloc-san ~meow!"
Saying so, she menacingly raised her paw and pointed at the freshly baked, three-layered cake at the table in the middle of the control-room.
Tiari-hime: "You better get ready ~meow, for this cake… IS A LIE ~meow!!! Nyahahahahaaaaaa!!!"

---

Tiari: "Are you serious? The cake is a lie? Do you have any idea how old this is!?"
Gabe: "… Why are you yelling at me? I told you that I’m not the one pulling the shots this time."
Tiari: "… Are you serious?"
Gabe: "One hundred percent positive."
Tiari: "But if it’s not you… Then who…?!"

---

What is the eeeeevil Space-Cat Empire’s eeeeevil plan?! How will Pabloc-san escape this threat?! Where is the court of fairies?! Who is the narrator?! Stay tuned for the next episode, where all of these questions, and even more, will be answered!!! Excelsior!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think the right word is "Harubarudo". Japanese People doesn't have "L". And this story is great. I can't stop laughing while facepalming at the same time as long as i read this. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually you are right... I wanted to put an accent into it, but yeah, the more I use it the sillier it sounds. Maybe I will retcon it in the next chapter. :P

      Also, holy swiss-cheese fountain! You have been busy commenting lately, haven't you! Nice. :)

      Delete